I’m a post it note kind of girl. I have them all over my house to help me remember different Bible truths. So when I’m in the middle of trying to get dinner on the table with an impatient toddler wrestling my leg, I can look above my stove and read,
The LORD is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love. Psalm 103:8
It helps me in that moment to have an extra ounce of patience with my screaming banshee. Posting bible verses strategically around the house offers a shot of reality in the midst of my broken thoughts and worrisome ways. So I put them where I find myself worrying…
- Above the sink (my mind wanders to worry when I’m mindlessly washing dishes)
- On my fridge (to remind me to battle my food disorder)
- On my bathroom mirror (to prepare my mind for a peaceful sleep)
The verses I find most helpful with my worries are those that remind me of who God is…of why He’s worthy of my trust. I believe the more I reflect on the actions of God, the more I will grow to trust Him. Check out Just Trust God for more on this topic.
Below are 5 verses a worrier needs to put on a post it note:
1. I have this one above my sink.
2. I have this in my car. I like to sing in my car…and worry (again, more mindless time). But don’t read and drive!
3. I’ve got this on one of my kitchen cabinets. It’s a quick reminder that God is not only strong, but also loving.
4. I read this before I go to bed each night. It reminds me I can rest easy because God bears our burdens…everyday!
5. This one is on my fridge. Reminds me that the endgame is life eternal with God, not eating perfect food!
Do you have verses posted around your house? If so, which ones?